Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Sweets - Citrus and Coconut Sponge Finger Balls

Made these as Christmas gifts last year... gave them all away at church happily, just to go home and realise that I never got to taste any of my finished products! (I only taste-tested the sponge finger mix) So I decided to make them again for Christmas this year. As I was making them, I couldn't help wondering why I have only minimal memory of myself making or tasting these last year... I wonder what was preoccupying my mind at the time o.o?

Anyhow, this recipe is adapted from one in the Woolies' "Fresh" magazine, advertising "Unibic Sponge Fingers". Same recipe can be found here... I didn't use orange zest, dried apricots or Cointreau, so I named it according to its taste ;P


What you need:
250g sponge fingers, finely crumbed
1 cup mixed citrus peels
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbs apricot conserve/jam
200ml condensed milk
50g butter, melted
250g cooking chocolate (semi-sweet or white)
sprinkles/almond flakes to decorate

How to make it:
  1. Blend all the ingredients together in the mixing bowl to form a soft mixture.
  2. Roll into tablespoon sized balls and leave to set firm (refrigerating helps).
  3. When set, dip each ball into melted chocolate and leave to set.


No comments:

Post a Comment